Golden State Killer

Verboten
Golden State Killer

Post by Verboten » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:53 am

Unbelievable. After 40 year hunt, the Golden State Killer has been arrested this week. 72-year-old Joseph James DeAngelo was discovered via a DNA link to relatives through a public genealogy database. Apparently, DeAngelo wasn't on the radar for these crimes, though he lived right in the center of about 25 of the initial rapes, and he fit the profile to a T, including being an ex-cop.

Here's a link to the 48 Hours special covering the crime spree, Michelle McNamara's investigative work and the arrest: https://www.cbsnews.com/video/the-golde ... -killer-2/

His crimes include at least 12 murders, 51 rapes and more than 120 burglaries committed between 1976 and 1986. Imagine how shocked he must have been to be caught after so many years have passed. Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones said: "He was very surprised. It happened almost instantaneously." Reports are that he is on suicide watch in the Sacramento County jail. Why? He doesn't want to face up to his own crimes?

Now deceased crime writer Michelle McNamara knew this day was coming. In the epilog to her book about the crimes "I'll be gone in the dark" she foretold the scenario that eventually came to pass:

“One day soon, you’ll hear a car pull up to your curb, an engine cut out. You’ll hear footsteps coming up your front walk ... This is how it ends for you … Open the door. Show us your face.”

coastal

Re: Golden State Killer

Post by coastal » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 pm

This is amazing! I'm so glad to see that, even after all these years, LE never gave up on finding this guy. Kudos to them!

My faith in LE is badly shaken after seeing how easily investigators in Rebecca Zahau's murder were led to the wrong conclusion. I have to question if there is corruption at the SDSO, or blind detectives (and we do have a blind judge!) or if Coronado Island metes out it's own kind of justice, different from the rest of us. DO rich people live by different rules? Can justice be bought? Is the media really impartial, and reporting honestly? I don't have any answers for these questions, but my world sits on a shakier foundation than it did.

Verboten

Post by Verboten » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:36 am

coastal wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 pm
This is amazing! I'm so glad to see that, even after all these years, LE never gave up on finding this guy. Kudos to them!

My faith in LE is badly shaken after seeing how easily investigators in Rebecca Zahau's murder were led to the wrong conclusion. I have to question if there is corruption at the SDSO, or blind detectives (and we do have a blind judge!) or if Coronado Island metes out it's own kind of justice, different from the rest of us. DO rich people live by different rules? Can justice be bought? Is the media really impartial, and reporting honestly? I don't have any answers for these questions, but my world sits on a shakier foundation than it did.
It truly is amazing that they caught this scum after so much time. I understand that it was always a cold case that was "worked on," but it was in summer of 2016, the 40th anniversary of the first crime, that they decided to convene a task force. Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said, “The message was clear in 2016, the magnitude of this case demanded that it be solved.” They decided it was now or never with many of the original detectives who worked the case retiring and they went about really applying themselves again to this cold case. It was stunning news when I heard about the arrest this week.

As for the case of Rebecca, it was truly a case of corruption laid bare. I have no doubt about it, the rich indeed live by different rules, in this case particularly. Coronado LE called in SDSO immediately, so I will put the corruption squarely on SDSO. At the same time, Coronado PD did play right along, which makes them equally guilty for this travesty of justice. My world was on a shaky foundation due to injustices I'd seen prior, but this one certainly did nothing to shore it up for me. This one was particularly horrific in that it was just so clear, so obvious--their coverup didn't even pass the smell test, yet still they tried to pass it off on the public.... Even still, dear Mary said in her interview with Marcia Clark that she still has faith in the good of the system. She is so full of wisdom and grace. Me? Not so much. :)
These users thanked the author Verboten for the post (total 2):
Sharyne (Tue May 01, 2018 6:22 am) • tortoise (Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 am)

Ameliya
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ameliya » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am

Read Breaking true crime news, rolling updates, and more from around the country at MNewsindia.

Helgannup

-

Post by Helgannup » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 am

o lol i forget the n, never knew that, thanks for catching the error

gg today curry and morrow were going at it but yall out played us

next up we got titans forever

JamSip

-

Post by JamSip » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:58 am

If anybody can shut this down, itll be LeBron on Christmas Day.
They should do a special promotion. Golden State is Whoville, while LeBron is the Grinch. Youre a mean one, Mr Grinch....

pikachuno1

Winter outfits for toddler boys

Post by pikachuno1 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:22 am

Winter outfits for toddler boys
As the winter sets in, it's time of the year to put warm clothes in the wardrobes. And the responsibility of parents increases to keep their baby toddlers warm. Putting layers on layers of warm clothes all over the cold season and make them look like a teddy bear is an art and the parents are the artists. But to make them like this, do you have all the necessary items for your toddler boy? If you have problems in this regard then this article will give ideas for cute baby clothes for boys for boys that are required in winter.
Essentials for winter clothing
As the baby grows its needs, necessities, and parent's responsibilities escalate. To keep your baby warm with toddler boy clothes, the following are the essentials listed with elaboration.
• Sweatshirts and shirts
Sweatshirts and warm textured shirts are a must-have in the toddler’s winter collection. They are warmer and can be worn onto the body warmer. They can be worn indoors because they have a lining inside that keeps the baby's body warm. Dress your toddler in warm and cozy pants with the sweatshirts for a winter-ready look. Available in a wide range of colors and at affordable prices.
• Warm pants and leggings
Have some warm pants and leggings for your toddler boys. Leggings are usually worn by girls but to protect babies from cold, toddlers can wear these too. They are made with wool or cotton-nylon blend that keeps the body warm.
• Hats and warm caps
Protection of the toddler's head is as important as the protection of the body. You will find several colored and designed hats and warm caps for toddlers. As it is difficult to cover their head but you have to put them on the priority list. Because they are an important piece of winter clothing.
• Hooded Jackets and coats
No matter how many layers of warm clothing you put on, only the hooded jacket and coat will not let the cold wind pass through the body. These are made with cotton and wool, which usually look adorable as toddler boy clothes.
• Gloves and mittens
Toddlers and kids aren’t a fan of wearing gloves and mittens. But if you get them an attractive pair of gloves or mittens, that might help in wearing those onto their hands. Find some unique and pretty pairs in the stores from the cute baby clothes for boys section.
• Socks and scarves
Last but not least are the socks and scarves for your toddler baby boys. As long as their feet are warm, the chances of getting cold become less. They don’t like wearings these too but as parents, you have to make sure they are protected from cold.

Desmondmup

-

Post by Desmondmup » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:02 am

Not that it pertains directly to this case, but I dont understand how any criminal has ever been identified much less caught thanks to a police sketch.

wesgr

Post by wesgr » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:11 pm

wesgr

Post by wesgr » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:51 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru